Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sorry, Mikee

I know you're a big fan of that supposed teen sensation, the Twilight saga. I say "supposed" because I still can't get what the big deal is all about. It's one of those phenomena (is it?) which I wished never happened just because I see Robert Pattinson's humongous head (and hair) on practically every episode of E! News, and I couldn't get Kristen Stewart's constipated expression on New Moon off my mind. Plus, I'm a little ashamed I am ranting about this while Peping is closing in.

Yes, I did watch New Moon with a girlfriend who was clueless like me. We wondered while waiting in line at the cinema why girls went gaga over the book. Believe me when I say we were still wondering why when we left the theater. I vowed to stay off Twilight from then on but thought maybe I was just getting old, er, older.

However, that is going to change. The new installment of the Twilight saga, Eclipse, has come up with a deal so tempting, I don't think I could resist. First, they got Bryce Dallas Howard to join the cast as Viktoria (who Viktoria was in New Moon, I can't remember). I loved Howard in M. Night Shyamalan's The Village. I loved her even more in Lady in the Water. Second, I thought Eclipse's new director David Slade did exemplary for 30 Days of Night so I'm hoping he could give Eclipse some bloodthirsty oomph(!).

So Mikee...I think there's a lot of potential in Eclipse...maybe if Bella actually take whatever's stuck up her arse out and Edward got a rebond, then we'll talk.

Cya at work! :))


****************************************

Here's to calm me down --


No comments:

Post a Comment